Version 2 vs Version 1
Improvements and other changes in Version2 compared to Version 1
From V2, we communicate to native libraries directly instead of earlier JSON conversion through UnitySendMessage. This helps in efficient data transfer to native libraries.
V2 is currently compatible with Android 11 and iOS 14
We did a full write from scratch for V2 and considering the feedback we had from past years we made the API to adapt for better workflows. Also, there are lots of utility functions added for easier usage.
V2 auto saves the settings and only applies the setting changes on export. This avoids saving the settings on every change.
V2 adds required capabilities on iOS automatically and this avoids to set it in xcode on export.
We support all levels of stripping as we generate the required link.xml files. This makes the plugin better compatible with your stripping settings.
- Support for accessing player profiles from you backend server (LoadServerCredentials)
- API's to access notifications for better control (Access scheduled and displayed notifications)
- Utilities to handle fallback cases (when user don't accept permissions now you can open the application settings, Detailed errors)
In V1, we clipped the data to make sure same results exist on every platform we support. From V2, this is modified to give the exact data the platform supports as many of you requested for it.
For ex: iOS supports success status of a Mail sharing activity, where as on Android it doesn't provide any. Now in V2, you can access the status on iOS platform which isn't possible on V1 earlier.
We revised the API to have callbacks to follow a standard format. Also this allows us to extend the result data with any additional data in the future.
- OneSignal Add-on is currently removed and will be added in the coming updates
- Video Play API is removed as Unity has inbuilt video player
- Soomla Add-on is completely removed
- PlayMaker is not yet supported
- Webview is allowed in full screen mode only
- Removed TwitterKit as Fabric got shutdown.